Monday, June 15, 2009

Alynna's Nine Months Old

Our little delicate flower grew in leaps and bounds this past month. She has been eating tons of almost everything, except normal baby food, like applesauce, bananas, and avocados. She not only started crawling, but can also pull herself up on furniture and scoot herself around the edges. Another milestone, and the most important, is sleeping through the night! Hurray!
I love that sweet little girl, but let me assure you, she has cured me of my on-going baby fever. That girl can scream like you wouldn't believe! Oh, sometimes it's miserable! I will sometimes have Kaeley jumping around and acting crazy and singing, Nathan will be trying to climb onto my back, which always strangles me, and then Alynna screaming until my ear drums are vibrating. I can't decide whether to scream myself or just start crying. When she screams both the older kids will stop whatever they're doing to slap their hands over their ears and wait for the storm to pass.
Teething has been a doozie for her. She has a top tooth coming in and I think she's making sure she's not suffering all by herself. I used to be into letting the babies ride it out as much as possible and doing natural remedies. Well, I still do that, but these past two weeks I've begun to think about buying Baby Tylenol next time I go to Sam's Club.
She's sitting on my lap at the present moment and is getting restless. She tries to turn herself around by grabbing chunks of my exposed arms for leverage. Then she spots my necklace, so she takes it upon herself to try to yank off my neck. Oh, see? There she goes with my arms again. She cuddles. Then she grabs at my clothes. Then she cuddles.
Oh, I love having a baby in the house, but I think I can now say that I'm currently satisfied with the size, and noisiness, of the family. I do love my crazy kids though.

No comments: