Wednesday, November 16, 2011

El Dorado Nature Center

I don't know if this was really kosher, but I saw this large class having a docent do a presentation. I asked Kaeley if she wanted to sit on the side and watch. She politely decline. I asked if she was sure; many of the children looked her age. She shrugged an okay. I sent her out and then turned back to get the younger children from where they were. I came back to find Kaeley sitting in the middle of the class! The adults were very polite. No one gave me any dirty looks for mooching off their field trip, so we stayed. Don't worry. I didn't follow them on their nature hike. That might have been a little too much. :)










Our one mile hike took as long as an adult walking a five mile hike I'm just sure of it! But the kids had a good time. I hadn't eaten before we left. I thought for sure we would be back right as I began to grow hungry. Instead I began to be hungry about half way, if I'm lucky, through our hike. The kids went from playing Pilgrim and Indians to Lost in the Woods to being squirrels in search of acorns and hide outs. It took us quite a long time to get through the hike. Kaeley is looking forward to going back in a couple of weeks.

No comments: