Saturday, December 31, 2011

Kaeley's Keyboard

Kaeley has mentioned to us a couple of times how she would like to learn the piano. After a little bit of research on the topic we knew we would need to purchase a small keyboard to keep at home if we wanted her to excel. I told Kaeley to pray about it, because I knew that God was more than capable of providing a keyboard to us. We started praying before Thanksgiving. Then it was forgotten for a while. Brad and I discussed a couple of times whether to buy one during the Black Friday sales. Finally, several weeks before Christmas our old friend and music teacher, Pastor Charley, contacted me. I had written him when I was researching prices and teachers and whatnot. He told me someone had given him a keyboard. Did we want it? :)

After finding her big present "from God" she got all teary eyed. I love that about Kaeley. There's been a handful of times this year she's cried from happiness: when we found out Simon was a boy, after Simon was born, finding Christmas lights hung in her room, and now... the keyboard.



She is very excited about learning the piano. She told me that the only reason she wanted to learn the piano was so she could one day learn to play the violin. After receiving her keyboard she decided she doesn't need to learn the violin at all, because the keyboard has a "violin" button. :)

No comments: