Saturday, December 17, 2011

Our "Free" Trip to the Aquarium

Finding Grannie and Papi on the most awesome glove ever! If I had an extra several hundred dollars hanging around I would LOVE to buy this globe! Where's Santa when I need him!














I got all verclempt at the realization that this was Simon's first trip to the aquarium. We probably started coming here when Kaeley was his size.


Our "free" trip to the aquarium starts with Rob Rimmer. (Hi, Rimmers!) He was passing out free tickets the members of our small group. We hadn't been there for almost a year, so all the kids were very excited about going. That night Simon had not slept well, so by mid morning he was serenading us with loud screaming. I escaped that horrible situation by flying out of the house as soon as possible. By the time I got to the aquarium I had talked myself into a coffee, so I spent my five bucks on something I could have made for much cheaper at home had I had the time to make it. The kids ha a wonderful time on our little adventure. Alynna even smiled at a docent as she said that a lorakeet had peed in her eye. While enjoying all of this I convinced myself that we needed a book about polar animals. Can you say "library"? Obviously I can't. Ten dollars later... I packed up everyone in the car and drove up to the parking attendant. She nicely told me that the voucher I tried giving her was no longer good. I now owed her $8.00! I sighed and handed her a credit card. They only accepted cash or check, which I had neither of! I had to turn around, park, get all four children out again, walk to the aquarium, spend $20..00 on a pack of parking passes, get back in the car, and finally was able to drive home. We sure did have a good time on our "free" trip to the aquarium.

No comments: