Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Milestone for ME!










I made my first ever layered cake this week! I was so proud of myself I was busting at the seams. Then I ate a piece of it and I really... well, never mind. I followed a tutorial from one of my favorite craft blogs (Make It and Love It) to make this Fourth of July layered cake. When you cut into it it's supposed to look like an American flag. I'm missing a white layer for the cake, but it's a good thing, because the cake dome wouldn't have fit. The thing that really threw people off was the bring pink stripe. That was supposed to be red velvet like the bottom layers. Hey, I know for next time!
I had to borrow basically everything since I don't make cakes, but I think I'm hooked. I was already planning in my head what we would do for Alynna's birthday cake when Kaeley said that I could do two layers for Alynna since she's two and seven layers for her birthday! Seven layers!?! Well, I should never write anything off. Making a layered cake goes right up there with learning how to sew. What's next?

No comments: