Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of School



We started school yesterday. What a beautiful start of the year it was! The kids were so excited about getting their new school boxes for the year. We celebrated the new year and then packed up the books and left the house. Our apartment building is going through some major loud construction, and the constant loud noises were going to be horrible combined with trying to teach subjects peacefully. Instead we drove to a local park and did school there. Talk about experiencing pure joy! I enjoyed the breeze on my face and watched the four children just be. After school we played in the playground. After a picnic lunch I surprised them with Yogurtland where Alynna chose "pink and more pink". I thought a picture of the four would be very cute, so I placed my Yogurtland cup in Simon's lap and ran to take the picture. That little stinker could smell good food when it was close and he grabbed my spoon! He didn't get much yogurt, if any at all, but I did have to pry the spoon out of his hand. Silly Mommy.





No comments: