Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mother Hen


My dear little Kaeley became a second-mother when Nathan was born. Back then she hated being called a mother hen. I don't know why. She might have been in that age when the answer would be, "I NOT a HEN! I Kaeley!" Alynna has recently pasted that stage. How sad. It gave us such pleasure to call her a Ragga Muffin and hear she shout angrily, "I NOT A MUFFIN!" But back to Kaeley! She has really stepped into the role of mother for Simon. He dances with her, sits with her, plays with her, runs after her. Here the children were playing dress-up. I think they were actually playing "house", and Kaeley was Mother to Simon. He had been getting fussy. She came in dressed up in two tutus and a headscarf while holding her Indian baby. She asked to get him some cereal. The top picture shows the little Indian waiting happily to be fed by Mother Hen. I thought his hat was just to much for words, so I had to take a picture and find a post to match. :) They got their cereal and off they went.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aww... sooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet!