Sunday, June 3, 2012

More "Life with Simon" Pictures.. Priceless

Yes, these do indeed belong on top of a mantle place. Just that morning I had cleaned out the art cabinet. I found small stamps and two ink pads. One pink pad is multi-colored and the other is black. We never use these things, so I thought to myself, "I am going to make a point of bringing these out sometime this week. These would be fun." Well, that afternoon I took out all these different crafts. Kaeley and Nathan were playing with paper plates and pompoms and what not. I went back and forth from the kitchen to the bedroom where the laundry was. For a few minutes I sat down to fold a pile of laundry. Hmm... Simon isn't following me in the room and whining to nurse. Hmm. Well, he must be playing with the kids. A few minutes went by. I folded my laundry. I walked into the living room and almost ran into Baby Smurf.

See the little yellow stamp pad in his bright blue hands? Yep. He had sat himself down under the table while I was folding laundry and played with this lovely little self-inking stamp pad. Guess what color is was. He ripped out the little stamp pad, which was little in size but, as it turns out, very large in color saturation. Then he chewed on it a while.
The sight was such a once-in-a-lifetime (I hope) that I yelled my astonishment, laughed, and called Kaeley to hold him still while I ran downstairs to get my camera out of the car. :) The boy even drooled bright blue! So I got my picture and tried to pop him into the bathtub while making sure he didn't touch me.

Here he is signing, what else, but "nurse".




The bathwater was blue. The pigment is gone now, but that evening he looked like he had a nasty beating on his face that was healing.

While Simon and Kaeley took a bath together Alynna decided it was her turn to do a craft. Guess what she played with. She didn't even know that she had colored her fore arm and shirt. Remember my two ink pads? Yeah, they're both black now. Remember that set of stamps I wanted to use more often? Yeah. They're in the trash.

No comments: