Sunday, August 5, 2012

Why You Shouldn't Clean Your House

Remember my post about not cleaning my house? Well, it turns out I was wiser than I thought. Friday afternoon I got inspired. I cleaned the dining room thoroughly. I swept. I moved furniture. I got soapy water and got down on hands and knees to scrub. How that dining room floor sparkled and shone when I was done!
The next morning my knee was very sore, quite pink, and swollen. It was actually so uncomfortable I had to sleep on the couch. Long story short... I have an infection in my knee due to cleaning the dirty floor on my hands and knees, the right one evidently having a small cut in it which loves to suck up undesirable microorganisms. Hey, don't judge! I'd like to see your floor! Okay, I'm a little defensive. How embarrassing is it to pick up an infection from your own house!?! And I'm not even a hoarder! I tried to ice it while being with the family, but Simon was way too interested in the ice packs. He kept trying to take them off. Eventually he fell on my leg and my sore knee turned quickly to an incredibly painful knee. It hurt so bad later that day that I could not even walk to the bathroom without moaning and shouting out in pain.
I spent the rest of the morning on bed rest. Yes, the bed is comfortable, but I had to protect myself from the little ankle-biters... or should we call them "knee slappers". Hmm... that's another way to say "joke" isn't it? Well, then that's not okay, because this was nothing to laugh about!
Anyway, I am now on antibiotics to kill the infection. I have to stay off the knee when I can, because it is very painful if I get up too much. I learned that the hard way. This morning I actually sewed! I was sew excited about sewing! I haven't sewed in so long I thought for a while that the sewing book was speaking another language. It felt wonderful to finally sew again, but my knee just got pinker and more painful. So here I am on the couch searching through Pinterest, catching up on my blog, writing emails, and googling "foods that fight infection".
But check out the note I found in the living room from Kaeley. It's an SOS to God, I guess. She was very concerned about me being in pain. She said my knee was "just bulging". She then told the other kids how serious it was and all three ended up sobbing. Nathan kept coming to me with tears in his eyes and his bottom lip sticking out. "I'm sorry that happened, Mommy." Then he would try to caress me and I'd firmly, and lovingly ??? shout, "DON'T TOUCH MY KNEE! Umm... give me a kiss on my cheek... please."
The picture on the upper left corner is a picture of an anatomically correct infected knee. :) Viewer discretion is advised.

No comments: