Monday, April 14, 2014

Shopping with Simon

Shopping with children is always exciting. Most of my children are at the age to "go get eight bananas" or "take your sister and get me this much oatmeal". Of course, they're also old enough to disappear at every distract and fill dead air with, "Mommy, we should get...." or, "Mommy, can you please buy..."
Saturday I went shopping with just Simon. He was quite entertaining as he insisted sitting in the large area of the cart until he was "squooshted" at which point he decided to sit on my watermelons. He threw in avocados when I wasn't looking, which is odd, because he doesn't even like avocados.
After we had survived the shopping trip (and came out $0.50 under budget I might add) he and I enjoyed a quiet visit to Yogurtland. We sat in the sun and just enjoyed the date and the food and the people watching.
Children sure can add stress to a normal life event, like shopping, but they sure do add a richness that is incomparable. Of course, were my children writing this blog post it might very well say, "Moms sure can add a lot of stress to one's life, but it's pretty cool when they bring home watermelon and buy you Yogurtland."


No comments: