Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Simon's (very late) Birthday Interview





State your name and address for the record, please. Simon.

Where do you live? Here. Okay, but what's our address? 678996

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would you eat? I want to go to Chick-Fil-A! What would you eat there? Uh... a meat hamburger. Chick-Fil-A only serves chicken. Are you okay with that? Well, I like cheese hamburgers!

What do you want to be when you grow up? A fire man, because I like to be a fire man! What do firemen do? They spray fire.

What is your favorite toy to play with? Tractors! We play with them downstairs. They do indeed play with tractors downstairs... about twice a year.

What's your favorite food? P-seghetti.

What are you really good at? Puzzles and I write my name. He then spent several minutes typing out his name on the keyboard and laughing hysterically when he realized who many letters he was typing at one time. Here he is typing is name: sssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

What is one thing you are not good at? I am not good at playing games on my iPod! He is now pouting - head hung in shame and lip stuck out almost enough for me to say in a motherly voice, "Stick that lip out any more and a pigeon might poop on it." Instead I asked why he wasn't good at the games, which, by the way, aren't really supposed to be played in the first place, and he answered, "Because I always get in traps."

What your favorite subject in school? Watching TV! He began giggling mischievously. He does indeed watch "educational" television quite a bit while I'm doing the hard-core subjects with the older students in my home. He lives a rough life indeed. He was sitting on my lap and as I typed he looked up and reached up to touch my face. That would have been a very sweet sentiment had he not been reaching up into my nose. Yes, he was trying to pick my nose and he laughed hysterically. It must be all those stupid shows he watches. I listen to my iPod and listen to Nate the Great. And what happens in Nate the Great? Oh, people lose something like toys and balloons and goldfish... Alynna chimes in, "...and cats and chickens and a million dollars and house shoes..."


If you had a day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do? I would get a new bed, because I'm four. He insisted this bed would not be used for naps, because, as I'm sure you know, four-year olds are never tired.

What is your favorite book? Star Wars!

What is something you learned about God this year? That I knew that He was on the cross and that's why we cerebrate the Easter egg hunt!

PS. If you've known my family for a while you know that we have our children take pictures with a dirty old bear that's about a million years old and loved flat-as-a-pancake. Now I could have sworn I already took Simon's picture, but the photo gallery is against me and has hidden the darn pictures. For the sake of feeling productive we are forging ahead without the dirty old bear. Brownie and Sinin will show up on the blog sometime before his fifth birthday! Oh, shoot, I just admitted he would turn five one day. That's terrible.

No comments: