Wednesday, May 4, 2016

New York City, Day 7

It was sunny in Southern California, as it usually is, gosh darn it.

The kids were snuggling with dogs the size of small bears.

And they were learning how to blow bubbles in their milk.

Back in New York City the sun had come out, but it was still cold. This last full travel day we went on a tour at the NBS Studios. That tour was a bit of an impulse buy on our part and I can't say we would do it again. First, I mean, hello... we live half an hour from Hollywood and it takes us a plane trip across the country to tour a studio? I mean, that's silly. Second, we thought it might be more geared toward shows we watch, like The Office and Parks & Rec. Instead, it was sport shows (no thanks), the morning news (fraternizing with the enemy), and late night shows (I only know Steve Martin). Oh well, it was an experience.

We had breakfast at my favorite breakfast joint of all time. The couple next to us were coworkers. They talked business with passion and drama and gossip. For a while, as sat at the lazy table watching the subway travelers hurry to and fro and listened to this woman pour out advice to her young coworker, I began to wonder how I could go back to being a mom of four, staying at home, and living in the snail-paced Torrance. It was odd living for that short amount of time in this little bubble. It had an intoxicating pull on me.

After breakfast, my crazy husband took us to the top of 30 Rock to see the skyline in 30-mph wind.

This side of the city was do-able. It was windy, but the sun kept the temperatures okay.

Then we went to the other side and I called it quits. This side of the building was freezing! And look closely at the women's hair blowing all over the place! I told him to go enjoy himself, but I was sitting inside the cozy lounge to edit my photos. The crazy man walked all the way to the top of the building. Shudder! Heights and wind and cold... ugh!

But he was obsessed.


Speaking of obsessed, we had to visit Chipotle at least once so he wouldn't get grumpy. Close call.

And that's it, folks. We were done.

No comments: