Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How Simon Spends a Field Trip

Today the kids and I went to the Japanese American Museum. It was a beautiful museum. We all learned a lot. I must say though... things are not as easy as they used to be. I day dreamed about Brad being able to join me on these field trips. Simon is just so very active. It's crazy! Here he is crawling under chairs while the older kids listened to a Japanese fairy tale.
Here he is visiting his friend who sits nicely in his stroller. Well, okay, his friend can't crawl yet.

Here the boy crawled up to the storyteller's easel so often that he decided to keep the baby with him.

Here we tried learning about taiko, a Japanese drum ceremony. That was a lot of fun to listen to and to do. Simon enjoyed the art of climbing stairs and turning circles in my lap!
Field trips aren't impossible at this point, but they can sure be difficult.

No comments: