Friday, June 11, 2010

The Waterwheel Park

How I wish Southern California had parks like this. I suppose we don't for the simple fact that's it's currently June and I'm in jeans and a cardigan.
After the ostriches, picnic, river, petting zoo, and shaved ice we went home for the kids bathing suits and off to our next marathon stop. This was another wonderful stop. There was a playground, but it was uncovered, so it was probably quite hot. There was a small man-made creek going through the opposite side of the park. The kids were able to wade in it and float "boats" and what not.
Now, I already mentioned Kaeley losing her lunch, or breakfast as it would seem, on the drive to Utah, I forgot to mention she lost a tooth while there, and now... she stepped on a bee. She screamed and cried and screamed and cried. It was right on the bottom of her foot. Thankfully the water in the creek was quite cold, so she sat with Meagan for a while and soaked her throbbing foot.
While she was still crying about the offense Alynna, who was rather on the grumpy side, snuggled up to Kaeley, laid her head on Kaeley's shoulder, and started saying sorry over and over again. It was so sweet. Nathan was on the other side of Kaeley, and while he looked concern he was zoning out by staring at trees and the sky and whatever else. I said, as I did with Kaeley at this age, "Nathan, why don't you show your sister compassion?" I say this as encouragement to give hurt people hugs or some sort of sign that you're sorry they got hurt. I did this with Kaeley and now I have to ask her to back the heck up when someone gets hurt. :) Here's Nathan: he leans over to Sister, still zoned out on something, and says, "Compassion."

After the park it was basically home for dinner, a movie, Oreos, and a well-deserved night's sleep.

No comments: