Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dennis the Menace Playground

If you ever visit Monterey, you must visit Dennis the Menace Playground. It costs nothing. No parking, no admission, no nothing. It's a lovely park with a large playground designed by the author of Dennis the Menace. It features a train engine you can climb on, a large rope bridge, tunnels, I think four play structures, and more. Some of play equipment you'll see in other playgrounds, but others are unique. Kaeley's absolute favorite thing to do at this playground was going down a very long slide made of individual rollers. As you can see, they all really enjoyed that slide. I'm surprised their teeth weren't chattering when we left the playground.
After a couple of hours at the playground we started our long drive home. So, here I sit on my own couch, children sleeping in their own beds. Sigh. Life is good.
Oh, and I asked Kaeley what her absolute favorite part of the trip was... the playground. The free playground!

No comments: