Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Madrona Marsh: Harlequin Bugs

Simon was very excited about this turtle.



Alynna is just about fearless with bugs, spiders, and worms. Here she is "loving-on" bugs.

Notice Simon in the middle of the crowd of kids? :) We love learning. The teacher of the class had a beautiful felt bug made just for this class. She did a great job. You could take it all apart and put it back together to learn the anatomy. Alynna kept trying to play with the felt board before the class started. I would have her ask the teacher. She did this a couple of times. I kept telling her to be careful with the pieces. She enjoyed it for a while and then left it all apart on the felt board. I was the responsible parent and put the board all together. Yet I accidentally ripped the antenna in half! Sigh. This is just like in Target when I moved too close to a shelf and knocked over a jar. Clean up in aisle seven, please! No kids to blame.






Looking at creepy crawlies in the marsh water.

Here goes my princess walking into the swampy marsh. I got quite a kick out of seeing her wading up to an inch under the edge of her rain boots. It never occurred to me that she could have fallen over, so whew! We had no accidents while we were there. She was very ladylike pulling her dress up out of the water. She was so good about lifting her dress up that at one time I could actually see one side of bunched up panties and another side of a little cheek.



No comments: