Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pictures from the Cabin

Here is a long stream of pictures of us at my grandparents' cabin. 
While blackberry bushes were everywhere you looked we had missed the picking season. The very first day we were there Kaeley picked the last few dried up berries and made a jam.

Simon's favorite toy was beautiful large wind chime.

He liked the very loud school bell as well.

My grandmother had bought six small bottles of bubble liquid. I underestimated the power of bubbles, because in two days they were almost all used up! The kids blew bubbles, popped bubbles, made games out of popping bubbles, spilled bubbles, blew bubbles into wet grass, tried making snowmen with three bubbles sticking together in the air, etc. I was very impressed!

Here's my good lookin' mamma playing with Simon.

Our weather varied from in the 80's into the mid-40's. It was sunny. It was rainy. We really enjoyed the thunder and lightening storms. We don't have much of them here in So Cal and since the cabin was kind of small for all these people I often encouraged the kids to play in the rain. They had a great time singing and dancing in the rain.

I wrote out a scavenger hunt for the kids. I think that bought me about fifteen minutes.

I won't bore you with the dozens of nature pictures I took. While I was there I thought for sure I was in heaven. Well, not really, but it was just so beautiful I felt at peace. I took dozen of pictures hoping that perhaps I could take the feeling of awe home with me. However, now that I am home the pictures are merely pictures.


Thank you, Mom, for always making breakfasts.

My grandpa bought Nathan a bird house kit. Nathan was able to put it together without help. He is such a boy's boy.


After a night of rain we walked down the street and found some gooey mud puddles.  



I call it "Pennsylvania's Seaside Lagoon".


Grandpa opened up his tool bench for the kids. They pained rocks, made signs, made wooden swords, etc.

Mornings were nice and quiet once we started turning on Netflix. It was a special treat. This was Grannie's bed without Grannie for some strange reason. :)



This is Raker, my grandparents' dog. He's a sweet boy. The poor dog had to keep moving out of the way of stamping feet. He would look around in confusion when the kids got too loud. I think we grew on him though.

The kids are eating a delicious ice cream. This was after the hot dogs, marshmallows, cookies, but before the cinnamon buns. Whew!

Simon isn't sleeping, but he sure did like the dog.

Simon giving raspberries to Nathan as he watches Netflix. Simon loves bellies.

Boy, he was fussy this morning! The only thing that made him happy was goldfish, so fine! have a cup of goldfish for breakfast and stop screaming at me.

Simon loved the wagon.




Here is my grandma. Love you, Grandma!

I told Brad we could move into this place, but I go nothing back. No news is good news, right? Right? Brad?







Nathan and Kaeley both enjoyed shooting Grandpa's be-be gun. Kaeley was pretty good. She would hit the can four out of five times. My grandparents began to call her Annie Oakley.






Thank you, Grandpa and Grandma, for providing us with one of the best vacations yet!

No comments: