Saturday, October 13, 2012

Kidspace

On Friday the kids and I spent a very pleasant several hours at Kidspace.
The little boy is looking more and more like Alynna each day. Simon was painting in the art area and had blue paint sprinkled all over his face and neck. I said, "Say cheese," and he almost scared me right out of my ballet flats! Once I got over the fright of that smile of his I had to laugh and make it my facebook profile picture and my home page for my iPod. Classic.

While it was chilly in the morning it warmed up by the time we ate lunch. Nathan got so wet in his jeans and sweatshirt that he waddled through exhibits!

Simon got so wet his corduroys were sagging. 


As the three younger children played nearby I was memorized by the oldest. I watched the moms around me playing with their one or two younger children and I took a trip through memory lane. I remember visiting Kidspace for the first time years ago. Kaeley was maybe two. It was just the two of us. We climbed the structures together. I watched her play in the water. I could allow her to play in the baby play area for as long as she and I wanted. Other days were filled with Mommy and Me music classes, or a walk to the local mall, or maybe a trip to Sam's Club for a cheap, but massive, cookie. The days were quiet and filled, it seemed, with hours and hours. We read book after book. She was my first. She is my special love. At that point I woke up as Alynna asked me for a snack. I had to stop staring at the oldest as I got a snack ut of the diaper bag. Then Simon walked up to Kaeley. She put the art supplies aside, so she could pick him up. He put his head on her shoulder and they walked off to climb a tower together.

No comments: