Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Our Last Full Day in Texas

The last full day of our wonderful Texan vacation was a full day indeed! Oh, it was fun! First, my dad's favorite past times, board games, commenced. And my husband won the first round!




And one of the greatest surprises and treats in Texas, just from the sheer irony of it all, we had an impromptu lunch with our dear friends from California who were visiting San Antonio for a wedding. I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed seeing these two in a whole other state and in the spur of the moment.
And, of course, my mother threw together a delicious feast of homemade leftovers.


Then Brad took Kaeley to an art class while my dad stayed with the three younger children. My mom and I ran off to a book release. This is my mom's belly dancing/friend, Teri Wilson. Her new romance novel is called Unmasking Juliet.
How did I compile this cool collage you might ask? I have no idea. I just took a bunch of pictures of the formerly grumpy boy now sleeping and suddenly I had a compilation. I can't say the fact that my smart phone is indeed smarter than I am, but there you have it... a picture college. 
That evening we ate at a Texas steakhouse and then headed off to a rodeo.

Am I the only one who tears up when reciting the Pledge of Allegiance?

I felt like quite the tourist in my GoWalk Sketcher shoes. However, now I feel like a tourist when I wear my cowboy boots here in California.

During the intermission all the children in the stadium were called down to the field. There went all but Simon.
Once instructed on exercises that actually got them into rolling on the dirt floor, some terrified young calves were released and pandemonium commenced as the children were encouraged to catch one. 
I was quite impressed when I saw even my growing, particular ten year old young lady dashing through the dust in high pursuit! Then all the children were ordered to go back to their parents. 
And it would just figure that my sweet little Alynna would use her "sweetness" and rope herself a cowboy to carry her back to her parents. Supposedly someone stepped on her toe, rendering her lame, and in need of assistance. I'm telling you...


Cow-watching.
And, of course, Nathan makes a new friend.

















No comments: