Monday, October 27, 2014

Amy's Farm in Five Minutes

Quick! I'm giving myself five minutes to write a blog post just to get something on the blog and cultivate a habit of writing rather than an ample collection of to-write-on-the-blog's. If some of this makes sense just understand I'm honestly going to quantity rather than quality and if that doesn't sound like an "interesting" work ethic I don't know what does.

Last week, after a long many months away, the Saavedra family returned to Amy's Farm. I had been waiting for the summer heat to die down. Well, the heat certainly didn't die, but it's less voracious. Here the Saavedra boys defend the farm from the... I think it was the Russians. (We have nothing against the Russians.) 

I always take a picture for Facebook to let people know I am happily working away on my favorite home-away-from-home. I took the picture while, I'm not kidding, I coughed on what I'm pretty sure was a bug.

I posted this picture on Facebook as well and a few people were quite impressed that Simon would eat a radish. Simon has no problem holding a bouquet of radishes; eating them are a different story.



Alynna and Nathan befriended another little boy whose mother is a tour guide at the farm. The three, with Simon often on their heels, played all over the farm, including the compost collection. It was the first time I had to wash shoes, throw away socks, and wash dirty feet that had once been protected by poorly working socks and shoes.

I've written about precious Farmer Randy before. This day's Bible study was on the talents and the servants. He spent time sweetly guiding the children to answers and to Christ.

He asked if Nathan could read and I smiled as I shook my head. After a moment looking around at the other readers Randy asked Nathan to sit next to him after all. Without pressure Randy would read the prayer line by line and simply asked Nathan to repeat what was said out loud. That man touches my heart.

The fresh produce (or praw-doce as my Canadian friend would say it) is so good the kids will eat carrots by the fistful. Here Simon two-hands a yummy snack of apples and carrots.

That was about five and a half minutes. Now on the docket is reading out loud, gathering a picnic dinner, flag football practice, and a marriage class at church. Hence the five-minute blog post.

No comments: