Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Joy in Small Pleasures

Last week there were wind storms that were pretty unusual for our area of the country. Near our house half a tree broke and landed on an unfortunent car. The first time we drove by Kaeley hadn't seen it, so I drove by again. She gawked at it and then gawked at me as I drove past again. She was indignant over the fact that I would just drive by without helping. I asked her what I was supposed to do. I didn't even know what I would do if a car fell on my own car. I have no cell phone. I have nothing. Boy, did I lose points with her! Well, we drove home. Our car port was filled with debris. To earn some points again... I guess I'd break even with a whopping zero since I'm still her mom... I think you earn all your points back when your kids move out and have kids of their own... anyway... I said, "Well, if you really want to you can help Mrs. Katie sweep the car port." Katie is our apartment's assistant manager and it's her job to keep the back roads clean.

The next day Kaeley could not WAIT to get outside and help Katie! Katie even told her she didn't need to help, because she wasn't planning on cleaning until the weekend. But, no. Kaeley was dead-set on sweeping. So the family got to work. As you can see Simon's job was task managing. 

This is Alynna "babysitting".

We city kids got to jump into a pile of leaves! This picture made the hour and a half of sweeping and raking totally worth it! It was fun working outside with the kids. They were determined.

Words just can't express the joy. :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh. my. goodness! SO precious!!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should go into photography, Janna. Pics are awesome!
Lani