Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Making Pop-Tarts

Last week the kids and I made pop-tarts. It was a fun project that I think I may do again later without children or on the weekend when I have more time. Kaeley usually likes to bake when she has control of the kitchen, so she ended up reading out loud to Alynna or occupying Simon. So there went Kaeley. Alynna came and went and finished in the living room with Kaeley.

Here are our pretty little lovelies. 

It was Nathan, as usual, who stuck it out with me to the end. He loves being in the kitchen. If I'm cutting oranges he'll remind me that he knows how to cut oranges too. If I need to peel something he pipes up with, "I can do that!" If I'm teaching him how to seal a pastry all the way around Nathan tells me he knows how to do it. If I tell him, "Well, you're kind of smooshing the middle of the pop-tart. I need you need you to only use the tongs around the edges like this..." He will say, "Yes. I am doing that!" Okay, well, this particular pop-tart looks like you gauged the heart out, but okay, whatever. Yes, he's my future chef.

Simon enjoyed doing the dishes for me. They were so shiny it was like they had been licked clean!

No comments: