Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Trip to the Farmers Market

Today Brad took Kaeley on boring errands having to do with car. He's getting a smog check, visiting AAA to pay the registration, having lunch with his eldest daughter, and then researching storage options like cargo boxes on top of the and all that kind of stuff. I, however, took the three youngers to the Farmers Market. Can I just say that it's March 2nd and I already have a sunburn? Not a bad life, huh? We spent all day at the beach yesterday.
Today it's still in the low 80's. I had a beautiful fifteen minute walk to Wilson Park where our biweekly market is hosted. That fifteen minute walk was pretty much filled to the max with a certain little boy's constant chattering. He talked about the train tracks and why one wasn't allowed to play on the tracks. He rhymed words like "excuse me... poose me" and many, many others. Well, he does share birthdays with Dr. Seuss. It does take a special kind of brain to come with Yertle the Turtle and Wocket in My Pocket. I suppose Nathan has a great career of odd rhyming ahead of him.
Now, I can't say I usually like to have fifteen minutes of my life filled to the brim and overflowing with constant talking. However, there are benefits of having chatterboxes. One benefit is that the family benefits from their inability to be embarrassed about talking to strangers. Thanks to Nathan we met a family who shared their sea toys with us, because... well, because Nathan just straight out asked them. Today we saw the Torrance Fire Department. Many people were stopping by the truck to talk and ask questions. Other small children were admiring the beautiful red engine and collecting stickers. My child? Got his sticker and then asked for three other stickers for his siblings. Once he had handed those out he went on to ask the fireman if he could sit in the truck!

Thankfully we got a very nice fireman who obliged Nathan and his siblings with many, many answers to many, many questions. We were introduce to the engineer and learned about the truck's ability to cart 500 gallons of water. 






Simon had a nice time at the park and then crashed at home. Thank goodness, because the constant crying during lunch was a bit much for me.

The sight of ducks and seagulls was enough to send the boy over the edge in joy. Alynna and Simon went around roaring at the innocent pigeons in the area. I don't know if I can teach kindness to animals while I laugh and take pictures of them scaring birds away. Hmm... they're just pigeons, right?


No comments: