Saturday, March 2, 2013

Kaeley's Birthday Interview... only a month late

What is your favorite color? Blue. (Daddy says the correct answer is pink. Since she was born he’s been trying to convince her that her favorite color is pink, because that’s a truly girly color. I think his brainwashing worked for a year or two as she liked princesses and all things Disney. Then one day she decided that big girls must like detectives over fussy princesses and that was the end of that.)
What is your favorite food? Cheese burgers
Who do you like better? Mommy or Daddy? (The question was meant to be a total joke.) My future politician smiled and answered slyly that both were her favorites. Brad admonished for answering the wrong answer yet again. Obviously the right answer was the mother who feeds you, teaches you, and loves you. Duh.)
What is your favorite activity? I have a lot, but out of all of them I like sewing and writing. My new favorite, Mommy, is writing.
What is your favorite toy? Lego Friends
What is your favorite book? Book? Oh my goodness, this is hard! Nancy Drew!
If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? Anywhere except here. (Can you believe that!?!) Then she laughs at my open mouth. Paris?
What do you think you’re good at? Writing and sewing.
What are you not so good at? Doing doctor stuff. (I wondered how many times a day she was being called to do “doctor stuff”. I clarified with, “You mean you’re not good at giving shots?” She answer seriously that was indeed what she meant. That’s a good thing to know. I will no longer ask her to take blood, give shots, or brain surgery.)
What would you like to do when you grow up? Be a zoo keeper.
Do you think you might get married? Yes.
How many children would you like to have once you’re married? Five, so we can go up by one every generation. One of my children can have six!
What is your favorite thing about God? Oh my goodness. That’s really hard, because I like God and I like everything He does. I like to know that He was there before any one was made. He was there from the beginning!
Can you explain the trinity? Trinity, what does that mean? (Oops. A hole in my teaching. Parenting is so humbling.) Because nothing for Him is impossible. (That answer was a little vague, so I pushed her. I wasn’t looking for the right answer. I was just wanting to see what she would say.) Oh, what was that word I learned in the first grade? Because He’s… incomprehensible!
Anything you want to tell the world? That God is great!


No comments: