Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pedernales State Park

Back to Texas! :)
After the San Antonio flooded we went to Pedernales State Park to see the waterfalls. I'm usually very free with the children while at parks and play dates. However, after a short chat with the park ranger about flash floods and people dying in the rapids I changed my ways and kept a constant, and rather fearful, watch on the children.
Now, I know my dad looks quite irritated in the picture above, but just know he's laughing on the inside. :) Don't worry about Alynna not being in the picture. The little cat that she is wasn't in the mood to take a picture. 
The rare proof that I was indeed on vacation with the kids. Thanks, Dad.

Jumping from one rock to the next in broken flip-flops while carrying a two year old got a little jarring after a short while. My dad and I found a little puddle for Simon to play in while my mom and the older children explored.





Some pictures just don't do the beauty justice.



The kids really enjoyed climbing from rock to rock. However, since the shores were made of rocks to pebbles I can't say our bare feet enjoyed it quite as much. Plus, I was still trying to make sure none of my precious children rushed into the rapids and were gone forever!

After two falls in the water and one bee sting Alynna was done.


While Simon began not wanting anything to do with the water he eventually changed his tune and crept into the water. Then we couldn't get him out!

Rudolph with my dad.

More proof! Two pictures in one day! I think it's a record!

I really do have beautiful children. I just had to get that off my chest.



1 comment:

Christine said...

I love your stories about you and the children.