Monday, July 1, 2013

Misc. Pictures from Texas

Our very first morning in Texas was quite relaxing. The whole house smelled of my mom's favorite hazelnut coffee. It was a very peaceful time while the kids were sleeping. One by one the children slowly came out of the room. First Kaeley woke up and she sat and colored in silence. Then Nathan came out to watch birds with the binoculars.

Poor little Simon. He not only fell on his face during our first field trip, but he later fell off the bench you see him sitting on here and banged his head on the hardwood floor! I think he did that twice. Nathan did it once too, making the floor almost shake, and he wailed like I don't often hear.

Simon's favorite breakfast foods are Cheerios "ah ya yas" or cashews "tissues". Here he enjoys another handful of "tiss-ues".



I didn't get many pictures of my mom, so I decided to snap one of her doing what I remember her doing a lot while we were there... washing dishes. Or being in the kitchen in general. Her labor of love always did turn out quite tasty.

My dad has an electronic alligator that works on a sensor. He put the alligator outside, sprinkled it with bird seed, and then we waited for the birds to be scared off. Nothing ever happened. I guess the birds learned from the last time my dad did played this trick on them.

No comments: