Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Today... a Life with Boys

While Nathan might look like he's accomplishing great things with his Math U See curriculum. He was, however, figuring out how to turn the counting blocks into a machine gun.

Happy Simon... very muddy from a park date with a friend.

Very sad Simon... still quite muddy. Remind me not to let any of the children ever look at the iPad at a playground again! Simon was incensed for the rest of the morning that he could not play his favorite app while at the playground.
Later in the evening, when Simon was his happy self, I told him to get his shoes on. He ran in the back of the house and after some time had passed I heard him yelling a muffled, "Help me? Help me?" I thought he was asking for us to help him find a pair until I heard him yell out, "HELP!" He had gone in the bathroom (where his shoes are not) and "washed" his hands in almond oil. Sigh. I had used the oil on Nathan's very dry legs while Simon was napping. As I put the jar back on the counter I though, "I should put this away, because I know Simon will get into it." Which, as you can tell, did no good, because it sat there until it was found by the ever-cleansing baby who gets into toothpaste and coconut oil and soap and yet more toothpaste. He had lubed his hands up so well that he couldn't open the door knob! He had also graciously lubed up the bathroom counter... and his face... and the doorknob.
Duh. Put the almond oil away, Janna!

Nathan washing off muddy feet. I mean, he need to scrub his toenails clean!
At one point during the day I was reading about Adam and Eve probably not having belly buttons (because what else would you discuss during Science class). It was priceless to watch Nathan stop writing to listen for a few minutes, then look down at his stomach, pick up his T-shirt, and for a good two minutes he just sat there poking, prodding, stretching, and folding his own belly button. (Might that be a Science experiment?)

We spent the evening with our extended non-blood family at our Life Group. It was refreshing to have a heart for community once again as I have been in a rather grumpy mood lately. It once again felt right.

No comments: