Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween

October 31st was a very pleasant day for us. The three older children had a play date at a friend's house and Simon and I had a date with just the two of us, which meant Starbucks and shopping! Yay for me! Simon, well, he tolerated the shopping and got vanilla milk from Starbucks.
This is the first year since Kaeley's very first Halloween that I didn't make the costumes. A woman can only do so much. It turns out I'm the only one who really cared about making costumes and somehow Halloween continued on without my make-shift outfits.
We're a bit Star Wars crazy, so the kids each chose a Star Wars character they wanted to be. Surprise. Surprise. We had two Darth Vaders in the family.
This is Alynna being super silly. Alynna was Padme. No one quite realized who she was though. Many people just assumed she was a Storm Trooper. The above picture is just her being silly. She sure was cute.

Every year, since our first Halloween with Kaeley, has been spent at Brad's parents house. Susan always makes spaghetti, which I love, and then we go trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. This year Susan said she was thinking about making pot roast. I put a quick stop to that. :) Spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread were served that right. (Darn right!)
After dinner the kids got all dressed up, we walked down the two-step porch, and Simon fell smack on his face. I think I can safely say the Darth Vader mask broke his fall. He was still a wee bit bruised (and very upset) but the fall actually did break his mask! That was the end of him wearing the mask all that night.
Here Brad cleanses the loot bag of ripped wrappers and "suspicious" candy, like Almond Joys and Kit Kat bars. :) Just kidding... he always searches the candy of those ripped candies.
But, see me? Proof that I was indeed part of the festivities!

No comments: