Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Legoland

On Thursday the family went to Legoland. Yes, I took pictures of more than me in a boat, but where they are I have no idea. Once they are located they will be displayed.

I will now explain the lunacy of our family.

We're into Legos. The kids play with Legos more than they play with any other toy. We have Lego books. My husband, who claims you can never have enough Legos, collects the Lego Mini Figures. We own passes to the theme park. So when the theme park sends us, as annual pass holders, invitations to a behind-the-scenes Lego Movie event... um... we are on our way!

The Crawfords watched Simon that Thursday morning and we Crazies headed out "early" to get to this event before the gates opened. However, thanks to unforeseen events like San Diego traffic and construction, we arrived fifteen minutes after the gates opened, which, as it turned out, was a good forty-five minutes late.

We arrived at the theater to find another seven-hundred Crazies waiting for their peek into the Lego Movie behind-the-scenes and the two free mini figures. After I hyperventilated I tested the waters with Brad by saying, "Well, what do you think?" I, of course, said this while cocking my head and giving him a look that said I was sorry his pet had just died. Brad answered with a nod at the crowds, a planting of feet on the pavement, and said, "I'm fine with waiting." Well, okay then.

Alynna and Nathan played in the nearby fountains as Kaeley, Brad, and I made friends with the other fanatics waiting in line. Nathan was missing shortly thereafter and I calmly walked around the busy area looking for him. While I was gone Nathan was found in the Lego Movie theater by security as an unaccompanied minor and brought out to Brad. I appreciated Nathan's boldness of just helping himself to the event and I appreciated security returning him to his rightful owners.

We were... I'm embarrassed to say... in line for three hours. We have a picture of the kids with Emmett somewhere in the virtual world and pictures of the scenes they used in the Lego Movie... somewhere... you know.

I also learned this trip that bringing steamed beets in a Ziploc bag for your sandwich is not as convenient as one might think. Your fingers end up looking as though you have gauged someone's eyes out.

1 comment:

Jeanette Hendrickson said...

I learned that beets are not really edible back when I spent the week with my Grandma. I think I was 12. Some of us learn faster than others. Just kidding. I love imagining you with gory, gooey eyeball slime on your hands.