Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter

This is what greeted me, the late-riser, on Easter morning. Great way to start the day.
Kaeley was a part of the children's choir at church. She sang a portion by herself on Sunday morning. So, yes, we began our Resurrection Sunday with the Body of Christ and I loved it! To sing worship songs at the top of my lungs is just so fabulous.
After church we went to Brad's parents' home for a really yummy Mexican lunch.
My niece and nephews helped hide the eggs and they did a great job. Tricky!
Simon and Alynna went first. Their eggs were "hidden" in plain sight and perhaps in a mailbox or something easy like that.



Kaeley and Nathan were next. Get out of the way!

There was a special five-dollar egg that was hidden in a dark corner and under a piece of garden paraphernalia. Boy, I said it was tricky! It took the two older kids a good ten minutes of wandering to find the egg. Nathan earned every five dollars of the egg.

So I'm the mom who allows her children to forget about the candy sitting on top of the fridge and then Brad and I binge after they go to bed, so I really couldn't get excited about bringing more candy into the house. Then I thought about maybe hiding a small toy each for the kids to find. However, I remembered my last screaming fit over the playroom and scratched that idea as well. 
In the end Brad and I stuffed a few dozen eggs with quarters and coupons for small privileges. The kids were stoked!


Alynna found "10 more minutes of screen time" and "stay up 10 minutes later". Nathan got the "one extra Lego Mini Figure". Simon, the one really too young to care about anything besides the candy found the bookoo-bucks! He got the date with Daddy, the Yogurtland trip, and the cookies at McDonald's. I think it was rigged.



No comments: